Friday, January 27, 2012

How much does a translator earn in the UK?

I'm an English-Spanish Spanish-English translator and I'm considering moving to the UK for personal reasons. I'd like to know if there's a chance I could make ends meet as a translator there. I've seen a couple of websites that say "up to 80,000 euros" but I'd like to know if any of you know anybody who actually has this kind of job. Thank you all for your help!How much does a translator earn in the UK?
It depends if you want to work as an in-house translator in a company or as a freelance translator. I'm not 100% sure about in-house translators' salaries, but 80,000 per annum (55,000 British pounds) is definitely too high. I'd say something around 拢20 - 30,000 would be more realistic.

As a freelance translator, you can earn more than that - depending on how much work you get and how much you can work per day. I think English%26lt;%26gt;Spanish translators charge around 拢60 per 1,000 words. Most translators can do around 2,000 words per day, so that gives you 拢120 as a daily income - which is great of course if you can keep it up.

But remember you have to pay taxes as well, which are quite high.

Advice: Go to a site like www.proz.com or www.translatorscafe.com, which is a site for translators to help each other, discuss experiences, get job offers etc. They're great.
No idea but I had a document translated from German in English a few weeks ago. There were no more than 10 words in it, the rest being just names and dates and I payed 25 pounds.How much does a translator earn in the UK?
This is true, but you must be accredited through the Institute of Linguists------------A lot of study.How much does a translator earn in the UK?
hey! im a translator and you can earn up to 50,000拢 a year. it all depends who you work for or if you will decide to be selfemployed. and then it obviously depends on how many languages you speak too. if you work for embassies you will earn more than 50,000,if you work for a company (i.e for import/export) then it can be less. if you are selfemployed then you got to work very hard to get clients

No comments:

Post a Comment