Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spanish-English translators, can you help me complete this translation please? the word is SECANO?

The segment is part of an architecture and urban planning document ... "conocer la funcion del muro como elemento de sosten de entrepisos y SECANOS"- To know the function of the wall as an element of support in mezzanines and ...????(SECANOS)??? ... (Argentine Spanish to English).

My dictionary says that secanos are cultivation dry-lands, non-irrigated lands, however, that's obviously not the correct word needed for this segment.

The translation of the word or any help leading to it, will do wonders at this moment! :) I even had dreams about the glorious word! Please help me if you can. Thank you so much!Spanish-English translators, can you help me complete this translation please? the word is SECANO?
I believe the word you need is "gravity wall"

This is what I found:

gravity wall (architecture):

... The solution initially favoured, and indeed predominant for many years, was that of the simple gravity retaining wall, capable of holding land and water apart, so to speak, through a combination of its own mass with the passive resistance of the ground forming the seabed immediately in front of it. To ensure adequate support without detrimental settlement of the wall, to ensure its lateral......

from http://www.britannica.com/bps/browse/alp鈥?/a>



Also, described along gravity wall is another type of wall called "retaining wall" here's the webpage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retaining_w鈥?/a>

In any case, I think you're looking for GRAVITY WALL.



What about "To know the function of the wall as an element of support in mezzanines and also its function as a gravity wall."

I hope that helps, if not, email me.
I couldn't find an exact word-to-word translation.. I don't have my specialized dictionaries but judging for what I have found in my pc dictionaries (OXFORD DICTIONARY), you can make reference to "secanos" by saying "unirrigated lands"..

hope it helps..

:)

just in case e-mail me..

Good luckSpanish-English translators, can you help me complete this translation please? the word is SECANO?
Secano is the part of the wall than implies the isolation from humidity coming from the soil that is beneath.Spanish-English translators, can you help me complete this translation please? the word is SECANO?
vapor barrier or moisture barrier



(waterproof material or film used to prevent moisture from penetrating walls or floors)



Entrepiso can also mean floor slab or subfloor, which might make more sense in connection with the vapor barrier.
Well I have never heard that word before but online it says its a place thats dry and has little rainfall like you said.
  • beauty cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment